Southmead Fourteen is inviting local organisations to bid to run a Disability Project, to strengthen local organisations in Southmead and promote inclusion for local people with disabilities.
The aims of the Southmead Fourteen Disability Project are to:
- Strengthen the skills and capacity of local organisations to deliver disability and inclusion work in Southmead.
- Support and develop the “Disability Navigation Group” a group of disabled and non-disabled residents working together to
address issues that affect disabled people.
- Work with specialist disability sports and local community sports facilities to invest £5,000 piloting disability sports projects
Set up an informal activity fund/grant pot (£1,500) for the purpose of promoting inclusive activities, relieving social isolation
and involving disabled people.
- Provide training to existing organisations and groups in Southmead so that they are better able to address equalities,
inclusion, anti-harrassment and access policy and practice issues;working in partnership with Voscur and others to achieve
- Develop a communications theme to the disability work to include regular equalities articles in the Mead and a “welcoming”
- Make links with city wide and national initiatives including inviting mental health, learning difficulties and older people’s