Southmead Fourteen is inviting local organisations to bid to run a one year project to promote inclusion for local people with disabilities.
The aims of the disability project are:
- To strengthen the skills and capacity of local organisations to develop disability inclusion work in Southmead
- Provide community development support for the Disability Navigation Group (DNG) a group of disabled and non-disabled residents working together to address issues which affect disabled people. This will include the promotion and administration of an informal grant funding pot to support new inclusive activities.
- Provide training for existing groups and organisations in Southmead so that they are better able to address equalities, inclusion, harassment and access issues and promote inclusion.
- Support the development of communications for the project, including regular articles and input into local media, publicity and promotions.
- Work with specialist disability sports and local community sports organisations and facilities to invest £5,000 in piloting new sports projects.
- Make links with citywide and national initiatives to support and develop the work of the project.