B&NES Healthy Lives, Healthy People Grant
This grant programme is currently closed to applications.
- Maximum grant awarded:
- Grants of up to £2,000.
What is the B&NES Healthy Lives, Healthy People Grant Programme?
This grants programme is provided by Bath & North East Somerset Council Public Health Department for community work to reduce health inequalities and improve the health and mental well-being of people in B&NES, including reducing loneliness and isolation.
What can you apply for?
Applications can be for work with B&NES residents of any or all ages. We particularly encourage applications for work with vulnerable groups such as: carers; gypsies/travellers, people with disabilities, gay, lesbian, bisexual or transgender groups, people experiencing poor mental health.
Ideally we are looking for bids which:
- Improve the health and wellbeing of local people.
- Help meet an identified need e.g. a healthy eating project for older people.
- Where local people have had a say in the application – in identifying needs and/or ways to address them.
- Where the work will be delivered in a way that will build relationships, reduce isolation and help people to be more involved in their local community.
- Projects addressing loneliness and isolation are a key priority.
We are particularly keen to promote mental well-being and physical activity. Other work is welcome too, such as promoting cooking skills or alcohol awareness. We are unlikely to fund projects which focus on smoking, sexual health or screening; these are important but funded in other ways.
Who can apply?
To apply to this fund you do not have to be a registered charity, as long as the work you do has charitable aims and you have a constitution (set of rules) and management committee e.g. Gardening Club, Toddler group, Lunch Club or Self – Help group.
Please download and read the guidelines below before applying for a grant.