B&NES Supporting Communities and Wellbeing Fund Grant
This grant programme is currently closed to applications.
- Maximum grant awarded:
What is the Bath & North East Somerset Supporting Communities and Wellbeing Fund?
This fund is provided by the B&NES Adult Care, Supporting People and Communities Team to enable local communities to tackle some of the causes of mental ill health, social isolation and distress, and to promote and improve people’s mental and physical well-being.
Overall aim of Supporting Communities Fund is:
- To provide start-up funding for new groups which meet the criteria listed below.
- To support more established groups, which meet the criteria listed below, to become self-managing, thriving groups which can continue into the future.
- Support established groups to reach a wider audience, celebrate successes, or develop what they do
- To carry out training which is for the benefit of people with mental or physical well-being issues.
Who can apply?
The fund is open to all groups based in Bath and North East Somerset, where a substantial proportion of members are people who feel they have a mental health or wellbeing need. Consideration will be particularly given to member led groups, or groups who wish to develop in this way.
All grant applications will need to demonstrate how they meet at least 3 of the following outcomes. These outcomes should be in terms of meeting the needs of adults who need support with their mental and physical health and wellbeing.
- Strengthen social networks to reduce loneliness and isolation.
- Build relationships and help people to be more involved in their community
- Support independence, increase confidence, self-esteem, skills etc..
- To promote community inclusion in Bath and the surrounding areas.
- Promote health and well being for example healthy eating, taking up exercise and creative activities.
- Provide support to maintain peoples’ mental and physical well –being.
- Specifically meet the wellbeing needs of men
- To deliver training which supports or benefits peoples’ mental or physical wellbeing
Please download and read the guidelines below before applying for a grant.