Building a Stronger Britain Together
This grant programme is open for applications.
- Opening Date:
- 15 January 2018
- Closing Date:
- Not yet confirmed - likely to be early February 2018
UK Community Foundations is partnering with advertising agency M&C Saatchi to deliver grants as part of a major Home Office initiative to counter extremism.
The ‘Building a Stronger Britain Together’ (BSBT) programme will support civil society and community organisations who work to create more resilient communities, stand up to extremism in all forms and offer vulnerable individuals a positive alternative, regardless of race, faith, sexuality, age and gender.
This BSBT programme is due to go live shortly, with applications open until early February. Grants are available for project costs of up to £50k, and partnership bids are eligible.
What we are looking for
Your project or activities should be aligned with one or more of the following outcomes:
- Fewer people holding attitudes, belief and feelings that oppose shared values
- An increased sense of belonging and civic participation at the local level
- More resilient communities
Applications should demonstrate the following criteria:
- Demonstrating effective practice, with evidence that the methodology being use will be successful
- The ability to work in partnership
- Where the proposal is supported by co-funding from other sources
- long term sustainability
Who cannot apply
- Groups that have been established for less than 12 months
To apply and find out further information, please visit the Home Office website here.
Applications received from the West of England area shall be assessed by Quartet Community Foundation, with final decision made by the Home Office.