North Somerset Community Transport Grant
This grant programme is open for applications.
- Opening Date:
- 1st April 2018 , 8:00 am
- Closing Date:
- 1st June 2018 , 2:00 pm
- Maximum grant awarded:
- Between £50 - £500
Who can apply?
Local transport schemes aiming to provide accessible, efficient and affordable transport to North Somerset residents with limited mobility, typically run by local volunteers in the community.
We recognise two types of community transport scheme:
- Community transport groups who operate with a section 19 or section 22 permit and provide fully accessible minibuses for a wide range of regular shopping trips, dial-a-ride, group hire and day trips.
- Car schemes run by volunteer drivers in their own vehicles, which provide a range of local trips but primarily provide access to medical appointments.
Criteria for funding:
Community transport groups and car schemes are expected to run themselves but we recognise that groups sometimes incur costs over and above their prepaid or ongoing running costs.
We will consider applications for a funding contribution towards one or more of the following items:
- Insurance, including public liability insurance, such as an unexpected rise in insurance premiums
- Unplanned vehicle maintenance or other expenses
- Telephone or software installation/upgrades
- Unplanned building maintenance
- Blue badges application charges
- Specific promotional activity
- Training for drivers and other staff
- DBS checks for new drivers or staff
- New community projects or initiatives
- Any other unexpected expenditure
We will look favourably on applications that can demonstrate match funding.
We may not be able to fund the whole cost of your application
Please download and read the guidelines below before applying for a grant.
Apply online using the link below. You can return to your online application form as many times as is needed, and save it as you go along. The online application link can also be shared with colleagues, or other parties, if more than one person needs to contribute to the application. Alternatively you can request a hard copy application by post by contacting our office.