Surviving Winter Grant
This grant programme is currently closed to applications.
- Opening Date:
- 8th November 2016 , 9:00 am
- Closing Date:
- Open until further notice
- Maximum grant awarded:
What is the Surviving Winter Grant Programme?
The Surviving Winter Grants Programme has been created through the generosity of local donors who have given their Winter Fuel Payment, or made a donation, to help older people in the West of England who need additional support this winter as a result of the cold weather. It is in response to the high number of pensioner households living in fuel poverty.
What can you apply for?
We wish to fund activities of voluntary and community groups which:
- Address the immediate needs of older people in crisis fuel poverty.
- Ensures lifeline activities for older people continue during the cold weather. For example, provision of a warm meal, transport to doctor’s appointments, or simply making home visits.
- Offer home visits and advice to increase energy efficiency in the home.
- Provides advice /information on benefits available to older people.
Who can apply?
We welcome applications from small, local voluntary and community organisations where a small amount of money can make a difference. Organisations can apply to support older and vulnerable people who struggle during the Winter with fuel poverty, loneliness and isolation. Priority will be given to projects supporting those aged 60 and over. You can apply for grants towards your regular services, but we are very keen to also support additional activities that you undertake specifically to help elderly people cope with the cold weather. A 5% ‘administrative’ payment can be claimed to help cover the time and costs of administering grants to individuals.
Please download and read the guidelines below before applying for a grant.