Five Bristol projects have been chosen to pitch for money at the next Funding Network event on Thursday 12 October.
Five amazing projects, all working for social change, will have six minutes to convince audience members about their cause. They then go home with funds raised during a lively crowdfunding session. TFN will take place at the offices of TLT, 1 Redcliff Street, Bristol.
The five projects pitching for your money are:
· Tales by the Oven – supports homeless people in hostels by delivering workshops and training that culminate in pop up pizza restaurants and culinary events bringing people together.
· Somali Kitchen – a group of Somali women are volunteering to start up the Somali Kitchen project. They want to set up a catering company or a community cafe that helps raise awareness of the negative impacts of fast food takeaways available in the local area and to encourage families to prepare, cook and develop healthy habits and lifestyle.
· Babbasa Youth Empowerment Project – support young people from less advantaged communities to pursue their professional ambitions through confidential 1:1 support, professional mentoring schemes, skills training and career orientated events.
· Refugee Welcome Homes – reduces homelessness among new single refugees in Bristol by providing affordable shared accommodation as a first step to a new life in the UK.
· The C.H.E.E.S.E Project – The Cold Homes Energy Efficiency Survey Experts aim to reduce domestic heat loss, achieving warmer homes and a cooler planet. This saves money and improves comfort for the fuel-poor, and also reduces greenhouse gas emissions.
At this annual event last year five Bristol projects walked away with over £25,000 in total.
To book to attend the event and hear the projects pitch for your funding, please book your tickets, costing £10, online at: http://thefundingnetwork.org.uk/events/tfn-bristol/1310
For more information get in touch with us: Sabita Ravi, The Funding Network – Bristol, c/o Quartet Community Foundation, Royal Oak House, Royal Oak Avenue, Bristol BS1 4GB. Tel. 0117 989 7704 | Email: email@example.com