Recruiting a Grants Officer
Do you want to help make a big difference to our communitites:
Grants Officer – 35hrs per week – 2-year fixed term contract
As one of the UK’s leading Community Foundations and with a permanent endowment of £40 million, last year alone we distributed 997 grants worth almost £4million across the West of England. This funding supports voluntary and community organisations working to improve the lives of local people.
As our Grants Officer you will play an important part in carefully assessing grant applications and carrying out due diligence checks. Your recommendations to our grant’s panels, which involve over 100 people across our area, will be crucial in ensuring our grants reach the grassroot organisations here that are so vital in supporting our communities.
This is a great opportunity for a person with a strong commitment to the role and value of local community support; someone who has excellent written communication skills and wants to use their talent to ensure our grant programmes make a big difference. The Grants Officer will:
· Assess applications for grants programmes and make recommendations to, service and attend, decision meetings of the grants programme panels
· Maintain and provide up-to-date information and advice on Quartet’s grants programmes
· Support grants administration and finance functions
We’re looking for someone with experience of assessment work and with good communication and interpersonal skills.
If supporting communities excites you then we want to hear from you.
How to apply
Please send your CV and a Personal Statement of no more than 500 words explaining why you’re a great fit for this role, along with a completed Application Form for the attention of the Operations Officer to, firstname.lastname@example.org
· As part of our commitment to a diverse and inclusive workforce please remove all identifying personal information from your CV and Personal Statement including name, address, date of birth, dates of education
· Shortlisting is based on your CV and Personal Statement documents only – your Application Form having been removed at point of receipt
· We also ask that you complete and return our Equality and Diversity form. This form is removed from your Application and is kept for monitoring purposes only