Do you want to be in at the start of an exciting new fundraising scheme for Bristol?
Bristol’s City Funds is a new way for the people of Bristol to come together to bring new funding into Bristol to help solve the biggest problems facing our communities. We’ll use donations and social investment to address big issues facing people in Bristol, making permanent, sustainable changes.
As Fundraising Officer for the City Funds, you will be responsible for delivering the fundraising strategy. You will be given the opportunity to work closely with leading stakeholders in this exciting project and to make a real difference to disadvantaged people across our City.
Ideal for a fundraising all-rounder who is commercially minded, passionate, energetic and who has at least two years’ experience in a professional fundraising environment, this wide-ranging role spans the entire fundraising portfolio. From corporate giving and donor management to digital fundraising and fundraising events, you will use your skills and experience to build income streams and relationships that help deliver the programme’s objectives.
What you need to have:
We are looking to hire an energetic and committed person, with the following:
- Exceptional communication skills – both written and verbal
- A strong understanding of Data Protection and the General Data Protection Regulations and the Institute of Fundraising and Marketing’s Code of Practice and Charity Commission guidelines for fundraising and how this affects fundraising.
- Creative and commercial instincts
- The skill to work independently and to take initiative
- The ability to multi-task and be comfortable with changing priorities
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Highly proficient computer skills and a confident technology user overall
- Strong analytical capabilities
- A ‘completer-finisher’ with good attention to detail
- Able to work under pressure and to deadlines and targets
- Positive, ‘can-do’ attitude
- Experience of organising a campaign is desirable
- Full Driving licence is desirable
You’ll have support from expert fundraising strategy consultants too.
If you are the person we are looking for …
please send your CV and completed application form along with a covering letter explaining why you’re a great fit for this role to Sue Turner, Chief Executive, Quartet Community Foundation at email@example.com by midday on Monday 19 August 2019.
Interviews will take place on Tuesday 27 and Thursday 29 August 2019.