A message from Ronnie Brown our Interim CEO
Since 1 April last year we have given out grants totalling over £4.5m in one year for the first time ever. We’re so pleased to be able to support the local community response throughout Covid and want to thank everyone who’s contributed to this record-breaking achievement.
This year more than 840 charitable projects such as Southside Family Project pictured here have been awarded grants to help people facing everything from hunger to loneliness and poor mental health. The £4.5m represents the generosity of thousands of donors and is supporting the efforts of hundreds of projects throughout the West of England. Together it’s changing thousands of lives for the better.
Just last month many of our fund holders helped us match fund money coming from the DCMS, to support seven amazing local charities. This money is helping groups take immediate action on domestic violence, homelessness and mental health.
The seven charities to benefit from the DCMS match-funding grants are:
· £24,999 to Bath & District Citizens Advice to support people in debt
· £45,000 to Feeding Bristol to provide food for disadvantaged families
· £40,020 to Caring in Bristol to provide food for homeless people
· £10,996 to CHAS Bristol to prevent people from becoming homeless
· £20,000 to Missing Link to support victims of domestic violence
· £6,128 to South Bristol Advice Services to provide local people with advice and counselling
· £20,390 to Southside Family Project to support victims of domestic violence.