1. Local causes benefited from over £285,000 through us in May
Feeding hungry children, practical steps to improve the environment and opportunities for people with learning disabilities are just three of the key issues being tackled by grants through Quartet Community Foundation in May.
See the full list of groups who benefited from grants through us in May 2019.
2. New grants open this month
· Bath half marathon Fund grant programme is open for applications
Closing Date: 12 August 2019 1pm Maximum grant awarded: £1,000
What can you apply for?
For activities involving sport, active lifestyles or play. All activities must have a community or charitable element.
Who can apply?
Grants from the Bath Half Marathon Fund are awarded to small, local voluntary and community organisations in Bath and North East Somerset. Find out more and apply
· Wessex Water Money Matters grant programme is open for applications
Closing Date: 28 July 2019 11:59pm Maximum grant awarded: £5,000
Applicants must be based and working in any part of the Wessex Water area which includes: Bath & North-East Somerset, Bristol, Dorset, North Somerset, Somerset, South Gloucestershire, most of Wiltshire, and parts of Gloucestershire and Hampshire.
What can you apply for?
The grant programme will support activities that help people to improve their financial capability and encourage responsible payment behaviour for the services they receive. The activity should be distinct from debt advice. To be eligible for a grant from the Wessex Water Money Matters your activity must:
• Work to prevent people in vulnerable circumstances or those often missed by mainstream services from getting into debt; and/or
• Educate and support young adults to understand personal finances and avoid debt; and/or
• Educate and support children, young people and their parents/carers to take steps to build financial capability, money management and household budgeting skills.
Find out more and apply
- Still looking for grants to support your work? See the full list of grants available to support local groups including our Express Grants Programme
3. Wessex Water Community Fund hands out first round of grants
Wessex Water Community Fund, managed by Quartet Community Foundation, has just handed out its first grants supporting 12 projects across the West of England.
The fund, which aims to support community cohesion projects and bring communities together across the West of England, offers grants of up to £1,500 to smaller community groups and charities.
Find out who benefited from the recent grants round
4. Yatton Youth Club get happy surprise
Yatton Youth Club have scooped a £250 prize from Quartet Community Foundation after their name was put forward by an anonymous local person.
Read the story in the Weston Mercury