Over a quarter of a million pounds went to 51 organisations from across the West of England last month. From Warmley to Radstock, and Nailsea to Knowle West, they’re all helping to make life fairer for people across the West of England.
Here are just five of the grants we awarded last month:
· £3,970 to Adaptive Martial Arts to offer specialist martial arts coaching to people with disabilities in Bristol and the surrounding area. (Express Grant)
· £3,500 to Somer Valley Foodbank toward the annual cost of the Foodbank’s warehouse and van maintenance. (Express Grant)
· £5,000 to Self Injury Support to provide support services for the set-up of community activities and groups focused on improving women’s mental health, as a follow-on to the group’s 30th anniversary event. (Express Grant)
· £110 to Weston & District Community Transport to renew 11 Blue Badges. (North Somerset Community Transport Grant)
· £31,400 to Somerset and Avon Rape and Sexual Abuse Support, the third year payment of a three-year award towards the salary and on costs of a Complex Needs Worker. (Henry Smith Charity)
Read the full list of the over 50 grants we awarded in October 2018.