People affected by cancer, child victims of sexual abuse and people with sight loss will all benefit from grants awarded last month through Quartet Community Foundation.
Thanks to our generous donors we awarded over £400,000 in grants to 95 different community projects, improving life for many people.
Here are just five of the grants:
· £3,500 to Caring in Bristol for their Caring at Christmas project offering of a day and night shelter over the festive season providing accommodation, warmth, company, activities and critical services to people experiencing homelessness. (Catalyst Grant)
· £1,260 to The School Kit Project (SKiP) to provide school uniforms for children whose parents cannot afford the cost due to temporary financial hardship, or continuing hardship, including in-work poverty. (Express Grant)
· £9,928 to VOICES for a specialist user-led counselling service for survivors of domestic and sexual abuse in Bath and North-East Somerset. (Tampon Tax Community Fund Grant)
· £3,367 to Weston & District Community Transport toward vital equipment for this community transport service, to ensure it can operate legally and safely. (Express Grant)
· £27,656 to Missing Link for a peer support facilitator to run peer support groups for survivors of domestic and sexual abuse in Bristol and South Gloucestershire. (Catalyst Grant)
Read the full list of grants awarded in December 2019