Donations are helping older and vulnerable people in many ways including providing:
· community transport over the winter months
· grants that help people keep warm and eat well
· hot water bottles, blankets and flasks and help with energy efficiency measures
Groups that benefited from the last appeal include SWAN Advice Network (towards the provision of Community Transport), West of England Rural Network, South Gloucestershire Citizens Advice Bureau and LiveWest Housing.
74 different grants worth £177,000 have gone to local organisations since 2011
Every contribution, however big or small, matters. Since 2011 your efforts have helped thousands of local elderly and vulnerable people in need get through these cold, lonely winter months. We work with local organisations whose front-line staff can reach elderly people in need.
Together, they all add up to a lot of change for the better for local elderly people.
With help from people like you we can really make a difference to the lives of elderly people who have to make the terrible choice between putting the heating on or having a decent meal, as well as helping combat loneliness.
donate to the Surviving Winter Appeal
- Donate by cheque or BACS - download the Donation Form - Word version
- Donate by cheque or BACS - download the Donation Form - editable pdf version