Bristol City Council Youth Sector Support Programme
This grant programme is currently closed to applications.
- Opening Date:
- 6th September 2021
- Closing Date:
- 4th October 2021 , 2:00 pm
- Maximum grant awarded:
1. About the Youth Sector Support Grant Programme
Bristol City Council has set up the Youth Sector Support Fund to support Bristol-based organisations working with local children and young people. The grants programme will support projects and collaborations that result in a diverse range of services for children and young people 8-19 years old and a stronger youth and play sector. This programme aims to complement Targeted Youth Services (TYS) contracts by filling gaps in services across the city.
Young people’s talents, ideas and priorities will be central to every grant that we make from the fund. But we also want to see a strengthened youth sector, and this fund can support organisational development, pilot projects and new ways of working.
2. What you can apply for
This programme will support community-based activities with children and young people, aged 8-19 years. These activities should be preventative and focussed on children and young people who may be at risk of adverse outcomes. This can be preventative and early intervention work that addresses:
- Risky behaviour – e.g. anti-social, crime and being at risk of criminal exploitation
- Mental health
- Low aspirations
There may be other challenges in specific areas and communities that require early intervention or preventative work. Its important you can demonstrate the local need and how the grant will help children and young people at risk of adverse outcomes or reducing these challenges from escalating.
Priority will be to applications:
- Delivering work in areas of the city where there are a lack of activities or services for young people, or not enough services to meet need
- Delivering work where there is a gap in provision and there is a clear need
- Actively engaging children and young people in the design of the services and activities
- Working with other providers to ensure children and young people are benefitting in a coordinated way
3. Who can apply?
This grant programme is open to youth work and play work organisations from the voluntary, community and social enterprise (VCSE) groups based and working in the City of Bristol. Priority will be given to organisations that actively engage children and young people in the design of their services and activities. Please read the full guidelines for further information on who can apply.
Please make sure you download and carefully read the guidelines below before applying for a grant.