Bristol Climate and Ecological Emergency Community Grant
This grant programme is open for applications.
- Opening Date:
- 9th May 2022
- Closing Date:
- 23rd June 2022 , 10:00 am
- Maximum grant awarded:
The Bristol Climate and Ecological Emergency Community Grant Fund uses funding from Bristol City Council’s Climate Reserve to support community action that helps reach the goals of the One City Climate Strategy or the One City Ecological Emergency Strategy. There is £200,000 available in total.
Who can apply?
The grant programme is targeted at community groups or small not-for-profit organisations based and working in Bristol.
Applicants must have a track record of working to benefit the community or the environment. The grant programme will not support newly formed organisations less than 6 months old.
What can you apply for?
The fund supports activities based in Bristol that will help the city to meet one or more of the goals of the One City Climate Strategy or the One City Ecological Emergency Strategy.
- A main goal of the One City Climate Strategy is to reduce Bristol’s carbon dioxide emissions
- A main goal of the One City Ecological Emergency Strategy is to have more land in Bristol managed for the benefit of wildlife
Your activity must result in one of the following:
- A clear reduction in carbon dioxide emissions. For example, this could be through encouraging a switch to means of transport that don’t use fossil fuels, making community services less reliant on fossil fuels, encouraging reuse or repair activities or actions to reduce the number of new products we buy.
- Physical changes that benefit wildlife in Bristol. For example, through improving an area of land for wildlife or creating a new area of wildlife habitat.
Please download and read the guidelines below before applying for a grant
Apply online using the link below. You can return to your online application form as many times as is needed, and save it as you go along. The online application link can also be shared with colleagues, or other parties, if more than one person needs to contribute to the application.