Bristol Community Energy Fund Grant
This grant programme is open for applications.
- Opening Date:
- 19th March 2018 , 8:00 am
- Closing Date:
- 21st May 2018 , 11:00 am
- Maximum grant awarded:
- £500 - £10,000 (For this round £45,000 is available for grant making)
What is the Bristol Community Energy Fund Grant Fund?
The Bristol Community Energy Fund is a Bristol City Council initiative with seed funding from the Department of Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS). Bristol City Council is working with Quartet Community Foundation to administer the grants as well as the Bristol Energy Network to provide support and guidance to prospective applicants to the Fund.
The grant programme supports activities with one of the following aims:
- To support local people to reduce their energy use (e.g. their use of electricity or gas)
- To support local people in moving toward cleaner renewable sources of energy
- To support local people to take measures that ensure they can afford to meet their energy needs
Projects/activities must meet one or more of the primary aims listed above and demonstrate that there is a clear need for the project/activity. The panel will also prioritise projects/activities that:
- Are led by and/or benefit communities that are most affected by energy issues.
- Are innovative
- Are good value for money
- Are submitted by applicant groups that have little access to other sources of funding
Who can apply?
The Bristol Community Energy Grant is open to all groups or projects across the City of Bristol that would like to carry out an energy related project. It is particularly targeted at small organisations with charitable aims that are based and working in the Bristol area. We welcome applications from community groups who have not been involved in energy projects. You do not have to be an energy or environmental group.
If you have any questions please feel free to contact our team, or if you would like support developing your project ideas, please contact Bristol Energy Network: firstname.lastname@example.org 07871 791 679.
Please download and read the guidelines below before applying for a grant.
Apply online for either a large or a small grant using the link below. You can return to your online application form as many times as is needed, and save it as you go along. The online application link can also be shared with colleagues, or other parties, if more than one person needs to contribute to the application. Alternatively you can request a hard copy application by post by contacting our office.