Building a Stronger Britain Together
This grant programme is open for applications.
- Opening Date:
- 4th February 2019 , 9:00 am
- Closing Date:
- 1st March 2019 , 2:00 pm
- Maximum grant awarded:
- £50,000 ( Up to £14,999 if your annual income is up to £200,000)
UK Community Foundations is partnering with advertising agency M&C Saatchi to deliver grants as part of a major Home Office initiative to counter extremism.
The ‘Building a Stronger Britain Together’ (BSBT) programme will support civil society and community organisations who work to create more resilient communities, stand up to extremism in all forms and offer vulnerable individuals a positive alternative, regardless of race, faith, sexuality, age and gender.
This BSBT programme is for projects being delivered in the Bristol area. Projects will be funded for up to 6 months and will have to conclude by end of December 2019.
What we are looking for
Your project must be delivered in Bristol. All projects must be aligned to outcome 4 below, as well as at least one of the other BSBT programme outcomes outlined as follows:
- Fewer people holding attitudes, belief and feelings that oppose shared values
- An increased sense of belonging and civic participation at the local level
- More resilient communities
- Targeted activity to counter known extremist activity at a local level
Who cannot apply
- Groups that have been established for less than 12 months
- Consortia or partnership bids
- Projects being delivered outside of Bristol
Further information can be found on the Home Office website here.
Applications received from the Bristol area shall be assessed by Quartet Community Foundation, with final decision made by the Home Office. These final decisions are due to be made in June 2019, so please take this into account when planning your project timescales.
Please download and read the guidelines below before applying for a grant. This includes further information on what BSBT will fund, what it will not fund, and in-kind support that is available.
Apply online using the link below. You can return to your online application form as many times as is needed, and save it as you go along. The online application link can also be shared with colleagues, or other parties, if more than one person needs to contribute to the application.