Funding the Future
This grant programme is open for applications.
- Opening Date:
- 20th November 2019
- Closing Date:
- No end date specified
About Funding the Future
Quartet Community Foundation recognises the important role of community anchor organisations in reaching and responding to local community needs and aspirations. Community anchor organisations are typically community-led, independent of the local authority and other bodies, and are multi-purpose often managing community buildings and other assets. Such organisations may be referred to as Community Associations, Community Centre, Development Trusts, Neighbourhood Trusts, City Farms, or Healthy Associations.
Whilst community anchor organisations continue to provide services and activities at a neighourhood level, they face a changing funding environment and may need to explore different ways of working and generating income.
What is a Funding the Future grant?
These grants are available to community anchor organisations based in Bristol that would like to make a step change to the way they are funded, organised, or deliver their services for the benefit of their local communities.
Who can apply?
Further information is available in the guidelines available below on who can apply. We are particularly interested in supporting community anchor organisations that can demonstrate they:
- Serve areas of high deprivation (based on IMD)
- Have an ambition and a well thought through plan to become financially self- sufficient, thus increasing the resilience/ independence of the organisation and securing the future of the services provided. This will involve making a step change in activities resulting in reduced proportion of income being generated through grant and public funding
- Are working in neighbourhoods with the local desire and ability to make change happen. Can already demonstrate or are committed to developing widespread community consultation
- Work collaboratively with other groups and organisations based in the same neighbourhoods they serve.
- Have a backable, committed leader and a supportive governing Board
How to apply
You will need to complete an online application form. Due to limited funds available for this grants programme, you will need to contact Quartet Community Foundation to discuss your proposal and determine your eligibility.