Wessex Water Money Matters
This grant programme is currently closed to applications.
- Opening Date:
- 24th June 2019 , 12:00 am
- Closing Date:
- 28th July 2019 , 11:59 pm
- Maximum grant awarded:
Wessex Water believes in helping people to understand financial matters and take effective decisions regarding money. Wessex Water is working with Quartet Community Foundation to administer Wessex Water Money Matters grants for activities that support financial capability and money management projects for people who face financial difficulties.
Applicants must be based and working in any part of the Wessex Water area (see www.wessexwater.co.uk/corporate/the-company/about-us) which includes: Bath & North-East Somerset, Bristol, Dorset, North Somerset, Somerset, South Gloucestershire, most of Wiltshire, and parts of Gloucestershire and Hampshire.
What can you apply for?
The grant programme will support activities that help people to improve their financial capability and encourage responsible payment behaviour for the services they receive. The activity must be distinct from debt advice. To be eligible for a grant from the Wessex Water Money Matters your activity must:
• Work to prevent people in vulnerable circumstances or those often missed by mainstream services from getting into debt; and/or
• Educate and support young adults to understand personal finances and avoid debt; and/or
• Educate and support children, young people and their parents/carers to take steps to build financial capability, money management and household budgeting skills.
Priority will be given to activities where applicants can demonstrate that the activity will make a long-term difference to the target beneficiaries.
We would expect projects to make use, where possible, of existing financial capability resources, such as those provided by the Money Advice Trust, Money Advice Service or Young Money (formerly pfeg).
Please download and read the guidelines below before applying for a grant.