R W Barnes Bursary Grant
This grant programme is open for applications.
- Opening Date:
- 20th April 2020 , 8:00 am
- Closing Date:
- 17th July 2020 , 1:00 pm
- Maximum grant awarded:
What can you apply for?
The R W Barnes Bursary Fund has been set up to offer financial assistance to undergraduate students on programmes of study based on Engineering, Maths or Physics, at certain UK universities, subject to certain criteria and exceptions.
Who can apply?
• You must live, before going to university, within the following Post Code Areas:
All of BS, BA, & TA, DT plus SP3/7/8, SN10/12/13/14/15, GL9.
• You must be following an undergraduate degree programme in which at least 60% of the course material is in one or more of the following subjects: Mathematics, Physics, Engineering (Aeronautical, Electrical, Electronics or Mechanical), Astronomy, or Oceanography.
• You must be a UK citizen who is registered for a degree programme either commencing in September/October 2020 or you are already at a UK university as an undergraduate. These are in order of priority:
• Bath / Cambridge / Imperial College, London
• Other Russell group universities
• Other universities in the top 40 University Rankings as compiled by ‘The Complete University Guide’.
Please download and read the guidelines below before applying for a grant.
Once you have carefully read the guidelines, download an application form, complete it and return it to us by email. Contact details can be found in the guidelines.