Surviving Winter Grant
This grant programme is open for applications.
- Opening Date:
- 21st October 2020
- Closing Date:
- The grant programme will remain open until the available funds have been awarded.
- Maximum grant awarded:
What is the Surviving Winter Grant Programme?
The Surviving Winter Grants Programme has been created through the generosity of local donors who have given their Winter Fuel Payment, or made a donation, to help older people in the West of England who need additional support during the winter as a result of the cold weather. It is in response to the high number of pensioner households living in fuel poverty.
What can you apply for?
The Surviving Winter Fund grants programme supports projects run by voluntary and community groups which respond to the challenges facing older and vulnerable people during the winter and, this year, we are particularly interested in supporting projects responding to the challenges caused by the pandemic.
Projects including those that:-
- Address the immediate needs of older people in crisis fuel poverty.
- Provide advice/ information to prevent older people from experiencing problems with crisis fuel poverty.
- Prevent older people from becoming isolated during the winter months.
- and ensure that lifeline activities for older people continue or increase during the winter months.
Who can apply?
Surviving Winter Grants are targeted at organisations with charitable aims. Organisations can apply to support older and vulnerable people who struggle during the Winter with fuel poverty, loneliness and isolation. Priority will be given to projects supporting those aged 70 and over.
Please download and read the guidelines below before applying for a grant.
Please contact Quartet on firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your potential project (or call 0117 989 7700 and speak to a member of the Philanthropy team). Depending on the available Funds, we will send you a link to apply online which you will need to complete and return within a couple of weeks.