This grant programme is currently closed to applications.
- Opening Date:
- 2nd August 2021 , 11:00 am
- Closing Date:
- No end date specified
- Maximum grant awarded:
- Grants of £500 - £5,000.
What can you apply for?
The Express Grant can support charitable and community activities, projects and services that fulfil the following:
- Aim to improve the lives of local people by addressing specific needs and disadvantages within their communities
- Reflect the concerns and priorities of the people they aim to benefit
- Where possible include the active involvement of local people in designing and delivering the activity
- Complement existing local charitable and community initiatives
We want to support action on reducing environmental impact, increasing environmental sustainability, and redressing inequalities through action on equity, diversity, and inclusion. We will take into consideration the action an applicant group is taking on these issues and we welcome applications for funding that incorporate this work.
Who can apply?
Express Grants are targeted at small not-for-profit organisations and community groups with charitable aims. Applicants must be based and working in Bristol, Bath & North-East Somerset, North Somerset or South Gloucestershire.
Whilst there is no limit to the size of the organisation that can apply, we need to prioritise our funding where it can make the biggest impact. We will take into account the access an applicant has to other sources of funding and whether they are offering something needed in their area.
If your group is a Community Interest Company, please read the additional guidance in the ‘Before Applying (Essential Information)’ section on our website.
Please download and read the guidelines below before applying for a grant.