This grant programme is currently closed to applications.
- Opening Date:
- 1st July 2019
- Closing Date:
- 31st July 2019 , 11:00 am
- Maximum grant awarded:
- Grants of £500 - £5,000. Applicant organisations can be awarded up to a maximum of £5,000 in any 12 month period.
Quartet’s Express Grant Programme temporarily closing in August 2019
To improve how we run the Express grant programme, we are making some changes from September 2019. This is likely to include the introduction of eight application rounds throughout the year, together with some internal changes that should make our response to applicants more efficient.
To help us make these changes as smooth as possible, we are closing the Express grant programme during August 2019. Please note that:
- All applications received by 11am on Wednesday 31 July will be notified of their grant decision within the usual 6-8 weeks of the application submission date
- Applications submitted after that time and during August will not be looked at until the programme reopens on Monday 2 September
- The grant programme will reopen for applications on Monday 2 September 2019, with the first set of decisions released within 6-8 weeks of the reopening date
- We will publish details of all changes made to Express Grant programme on our website ahead of the programme reopening in September
- All other Quartet grant programmes will not be affected by these changes
What can you apply for?
The Express Grant can support charitable and community activities that aim to improve the lives of local people by addressing specific needs and disadvantages within their communities. These activities should reflect the concerns and priorities of the people they aim to benefit and where possible include the active involvement of local people in designing and delivering the activity. The application must also demonstrate how the activities will complement existing local charitable and community initiatives.
We prioritise charitable and community activities where the need is greatest.
The Community Foundation is particularly interested in awarding Express Grants to support early intervention and preventative work together with activities.
Who can apply?
Express Grants are targeted at small not-for-profit organisations and community groups with charitable aims. Applicants must be based and working in Bristol, Bath & North-East Somerset, North Somerset or South Gloucestershire.
There are no limits to the size of organisation which may apply for an Express Grant. However, if an applicant organisation is holding financial reserves that could cover more than 8 months of its annual expenditure, the application will be considered a lower priority for funding. If your organisation is holding significant financial reserves, you will need to make it clear why these reserves cannot be used to cover the cost of the activities.
We are happy to make Express grants in Bristol Pounds. Contact us for details.
Please download and read the guidelines below before applying for a grant.