We have a number of core aims.
- Effective grant-making which responds to the needs of community-based organisations in our area of benefit
- Fund development – flow through and permanent funds which provides current and prospective donors with relevant opportunities for giving and consolidates our permanent fund as a basis for long term, sustainable charitable funding
- Being a catalyst for positive change and providing community leadership to help solve local problems
These will be achieved by effective communication with our supporters. We aim to:
- Become a more visible and recognised part of the regional fabric for charitable giving
- Maintain high standards of governance
- Continue to strengthen the Community Foundation Network
Our values are set out below and underpin all of our work:
We take pride in providing a high quality service to both donors and grant recipients.
We are a trusted source of high quality knowledgeable philanthropy advice to support those who want to improve the lives of those who are at disadvantage in our area of benefit.
Our services offer good value for money and are regularly subject to evaluation.
We care about the lives of people in our many communities and have built up a wealth of local knowledge which allows us to match donations to local needs.
We are a stable, financially strong organisation that is well-managed and able to provide grants in perpetuity benefiting generations to come.
Both in our work with donors and our approach to grant-making, putting the needs of people first.
We listen to and learn from the communities we serve, so that we can improve the impact of our work. Our ‘express‘ grants programme is an open access programme which assesses grant applications within 6 – 8 weeks of receipt for amounts of up to £5,000.
Compliments, comments and complaints
We welcome your feedback on our service; your comments, suggestions and complaints can help us improve our services for everyone. We take complaints very seriously and we treat them as an opportunity to develop. We are grateful therefore to hear from people who are willing to take the time to help us improve, and will always thank people who contact us with their feedback or to tell us about their problems, concerns or worries. We keep a register of comments, compliments and complaints so please use the links below to give us your views. email us to make a comment or pay us a compliment